PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niScope Get Session Reference.vi does not compile.

The "Register session" function requires a refnum and the way it is setup in this vi (niScope Get Session Reference.vi ) provided by NI does not provide a valid input for this function. Do you have any idea why? (class file? e.g.)

I use labview 8.0 and the niScope software was originally installed in Labview 7.1 directory.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,022 Views)

Good afternoon Jimbojombo,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments with your issue, we'll try our best to get it resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I just tried the niScope Get Session Reference.vi on my system without issue.  In order to get the niSCOPE VIs to work, you'll have to install the drivers directly from the Device Driver CD that shipped with your LabVIEW 8.0 (should be November 2005 edition).  As of right now none of our Modular Instrument drivers with support for LabVIEW 8.0 are available on the web. 

If installed correctly, NI-Scope 2.9.2 should show up in your Add/Remove programs and you should see the following folder created on your computer:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\instr.lib\niScope

If you are currently using the downloaded evaluating version, please let me know and I'll find a way to get you the Device Driver CD.

Sincerely,
Minh Tran

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(3,005 Views)

Thanks!

I copied all files under LabVIEW 7.1 directory to LabvIEW 8.0 directory. All is fine now...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,994 Views)