I want to configure the said pxi for Real-Time purposes,

so what steps should I follow?

thanks

Abbas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,938 Views)

Abbas,

The first thing that you are going to have to do is purchase the LabVIEW Real-Time Deployment License for NI PXI Controllers.  Then you are going to have to format your PXI using the PXI Format Hard Drive Disk.  You can make this through MAX (Tools>>Real-Time Disk Utilities>>Create PXI Format Hard Drive Disk). 

Next you need to get a 3.5" floppy to USB drive and plug it into your controller, with the format disk inside it.  Then you need to go into your controllers BIOS and set it to boot off the USB drive.  Now follow the directions.

After this you should be able to see the controller in MAX.  And you should be able to add software.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,910 Views)

Labview RT module is similar to LabVIEW Real-Time Deployment License for NI PXI Controllers  ?

next thing my controller have already RTOS installed.built in

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,878 Views)

The Real-Time Deployment License is different from the LabVIEW RT module.

When you purchase a PXI controller, part of what you are buying is the operating system that is installed on it.  If you purchased the controller with Windows on it then you purchased the copy of Windows that came with it.  Now that you want to put the real-time operating system on it, you need to purchase the license for it.

But that's all legal stuff.

And you are correct that there is a copy of the RTOS on the controller.  But if your controller has its disk formatted as NTFS you will not be able to use it.   The RTOS requires that the hard drive be FAT32. 

If your controller is FAT32 then you can boot into BIOS (hit delete while booting), and select Real-Time in the Boot Configuration to make your controller boot into Real-Time.

If you controller is not FAT32 then you will need to format the controller first, using the disks I have previously mentioned.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,849 Views)

Ok I understand,

now i have

LabVIEW 7 Express,

LabVIEW 8

Real-Time Module software 7

DAQmx 8

PXI SYSTEM  8187controller,6289 module,1042 chassis

so

can I run the "RT module 7" with labview 8 , or it is necessary to run with Labview 7 Express?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,833 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SnowBoy111

The version of the RT module has to correspond with the version of the LabVIEW.  So you can't use the LabVIEW 7 module with LabVIEW 8.0.

You can also get an evalutation version of LV 2009 with the 2009 LVRT module here.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 6 of 7
(4,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SnowBoy111

I successfully set the ip address of PXI controller 8187 in 1042 chassis.

now ip address does not reset to 0.0.0.0

What did I do:

Once the network is built go to

1- MAX>>remote in Host pc  ,right click and selet format.

2- Change the ip as you wish

3- reboot , now your ip will stick to our entered ip.

other installtion sequence

1- First I installed Labview 7

2- then Labview Real-Time  module 7

3- then DAQmx 7

now when I try to install software from remote>> add/remove , I cannot see the LVRT7 in the list to download to Target.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,783 Views)