Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIC Connection Problem

Recently I updated my NI software to 2013. After that, when i  want to connect the GPIC board, there is error shown in the attachment. Is there someone having the same problem? Thanks and I appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,538 Views)

There is also another problem shown in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,241 Views)

It looks like you don't have the device drivers installed for the NI sbRIO-9606 and NI 9683 GPIC that are compatible with LabVIEW 2013. These drivers are included on the NI Device Drivers distribution with the NI RIO driver.

Make sure you have the latest version of the NI Device Drivers installed, especially NI RIO. The latest version is dated August 2013. You can download from here:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-2013.08/4179/en/

After you have installed the new device drivers on your computer, you need to update the firmware on your sbRIO-9606. You always want the VxWorks target to have the same version of the drivers as your development computer.

To do this, you first want to be sure you are on the same Ethernet subnet as the sbRIO-9606. Connect to the sbRIO-9606 using a copper Ethernet connection (not wireless) connected to the same Ethernet switch, or connect the Ethernet cable directly to your computer. When connecting directly, most recently built computers will automatically cross-over so a special crossover cable is not required. If you have an older computer, you'll need to use a crossover Ethernet cable if you aren't using a Ethernet switch.

Next, put the sbRIO-9606 into safe mode. You can either hold down the reset button on the sbRIO-9606 until the yellow light goes on (about 5 seconds) and then release, or switch it to safe mode using Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) in the Controller Settings tab. When in safe mode, the status light will blink 3 times every few seconds. For more information, see the sbRIO-9606 operating instructions, page 44.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/13C3F7AD1C9CC4EE86257A240068758A

If you don't have any data saved on the sbRIO-9606 that you need, right-click on it in MAX and select Format Disk to wipe the slate clean. Then when it reboots, go to the Software tab and click Add/Remove Software. Select the latest NI RIO driver set (NI CompactRIO 2013 - August 2013), and then click Next. For compatibility with the GPIC example code and reference designs, I recommend installing the firmware items listed below.

sbRIO-9606 firmware.jpg

After the system reboots, take a note of the IP Address and in your LabVIEW Project, enter it into the properties of the RT Single-Board RIO target configuration by right-clicking and going to Properties>General>IP Address. Then right click on the RT target in the LabVIEW Project and click Connect.

Message 3 of 3
(3,241 Views)