Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut - Wire Multiple Objects Together

Hi Darren!

I am running LV2012sp1f3.

I did a simple example with a control and an indicator of the same type.  I tried strings and error clusters.  I get the following error:

Error 1055 occurred at Property Node in Wire Multiple Objects Together.vi->QuickDrop Launch Window.vi->QuickDrop Launch Window.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Object reference is invalid.

I tried adding a Concatenate String node inbetween and it worked fine.

Great tool!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(1,767 Views)

I just posted an updated version of the shortcut. It currently provides all the functionality I was envisioning, and it fixes the issues posted previously on this thread. Once I clean it up and add documentation, this is the version I would like to ship with 2014. Please try it out and let me know if it functions as you expect, and if you encounter any problems. Thanks for all the feedback y'all have given me so far.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(1,767 Views)

I like this shortcut, but I've modified quite much myself.

1) I added so it ignores Value type check for empty arrays and bundlers, so I can select multiple e.g. Control Refs and a Build Array, and it just wires them up.

2) I also added the Wire-Labelling QD in the same VI, i.e. if you select just a wire, this shortcut (Ctrl-W), will add a label to the wire instead of Wire everything up.

If I only could upload my version in the comment, I might upload it on LAVA, after merging it with your new version.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(1,767 Views)

Thanks to Charles_CLA for creating a VIP file for this shortcut to make it easier to install for VIPM users.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(1,767 Views)

Hi, I set the this vip and try it, but I find I couldn't use Ctrl-W as short-cut~?~so, I modify new short-cut to try it. As follow, I find it only connect one line when I press my short-cut once. So, I need repeat four time to connect all cluster bundle. Could any one have the same problem??

001.png

我韃靼的來,又達達的走
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(1,767 Views)

This wiring operation isn't currently supported by the shortcut, but I'll work on adding this functionality...I agree that it would be useful.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(1,767 Views)

thanks your reply, I know it has clear target as well, just want to try if any surprise for me, haha....

我韃靼的來,又達達的走
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(1,767 Views)

These files are 2012 anybody has the same files for 2010 or older versions.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(1,767 Views)

Unfortunately, this shortcut is only available in LabVIEW 2012 and later.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(1,767 Views)

LabVIEW Auto-Wiring Bug Snippet LV2012.png

Darren, this is pretty amazing.  But I ran into an error on my first test (LV2012) when I used Ctrl-Shift-W after using Ctrl-W.  The diagram was compacted by Ctrl-Shift-W but an extra (broken) wire was inserted.  Ctrl-Shift-W works fine by itself, but apparently something gets messed up if it follows a Ctrl-W.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(1,767 Views)