RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM modulation

Hi Judy,

I know why you are seeing this error.

The error tells you why this is the case. The AWG is waiting for data but the hard drive cannot stream the data fast enough.

You can try to increase the system RAM on your PC or PXI embedded controller. Also using a hard drive that has faster write and read speeds such as RAID drives will help, otherwise your remaining option is to decrease the IQ rate.

Christian A
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 11 of 15
(3,542 Views)

Hi, Chris.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have tried using different duration of recorded samples done at 12.5M S/s.

I did not face any problem for the 1 minute duration. However, I encountered another error for the 5 mins and 10 mins duration.  Attached below is the screenshot. What do you think is the problem?

Beside that, in your opinion, do I need to change the default value for "Write Block Size in Samples" and Streaming Waveform Size in Samples for different duration of recorded samples?

Thanks and Regards,

Judy Tan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,538 Views)

Hi Judy,

Let me try to replicate this issue. Can you attach your file in a reply to this. Also what RFSG device are you using?

Thanks

Christian A
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,513 Views)

Hi, Chris.

Are you referring to my recorded NI binary file?

I afraid that I can't upload it, beside, it is about 10 gigabtyes in size.

I am using PXI-5610 for the upconversion.

Regards,

Judy Tan

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,509 Views)

Hi,

I have a problem of upconvert a recorded signal to RF. So far, I have tried the recommendations from the engineer.

The solution is to use the RFSA Arbitrary Waveform Streaming.vi code which resides within the LabVIEW 8.6 program folder.

I did not face any problem for the 1 minute duration. However, I encountered error for the 5 mins and 10 mins duration.

Can anyone help me on this area?

Thanks and Regards,

Judy Tan

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,463 Views)