RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFSA sample VIs

Hello, I have developed an RFID reader transmitter with the following parameters:

• Modulation Scheme – DSB-ASK

• Encoding Scheme - PIE

• Carrier Freq. – 915 MHz

• RFSG Tx Power Level – 0 dBm

• Tx Channel Bandwidth – 500 kHz

Could you suggest any existing RFSA vi that will be able to check if my transmitter is properly working? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,386 Views)

Hi,

The best LabVIEW shipping example that we offer for that application would be MT niRFSA ASK Demod.vi from the LabVIEW Example Finder ( LabVIEW » Help » Find Examples » Hardware Input and Output » Modular Instruments » NI-RFSA » Modulation Toolkit ).

This example shows demodulation of an ASK signal using devices programmed using the niRFSA driver.

There is also an article online, Advanced RFID Measurements: Basic Theory to Protocol Conformance Test, which discusses RFID measurements.

There is not a DSB-ASK-specific example already written (that ships with LabVIEW or online to my knowledge). Given the above example and article, this should get you started in the right direction in creating a VI to test your transmitter.

Regards,

Aaron

National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(5,375 Views)

Thank you! I was already able to demodulate my signal. I have another question. Is it possible in NI to display the waveform of an RF signal? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,362 Views)

Margarette,

You can easily display a waveform using LabVIEW. In the Example Finder, as I mentioned above, several of the RF examples display a spectrum (or other waveform signals) using waveform graphs and charts. The RFSA Demo Panel.vi is a good starting point. I would encourage you to look at those. Also, you can use the RFSA Soft Front Panel (Programs » National Instruments » NI-RFSA) installed with NI-RFSA to use the analyzer in a non-programming environment.

Regards,
Aaron 

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,352 Views)