Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sytem Time in cRIO (running NI-Linux Realtime OS) is Overwritten

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cRIO-9055 running LabVIEW 2022 with the dependencies shown in the attached screenshot. I am following the solution from this forum post to set date/time programatically. The problem I have is that within ten seconds of programatically setting time, system time reverts to it's previous value. The simplest base case of this behaviour is to SSH into the cRIO and follow the steps below to observe the behaviour. I suspect there is a hardware clock enforcing its version of time over my needs.

# get current timestamp
date
# modify timestamp to something different and immediately read it back
date -s "30 APRIL 2024 17:00:00"
date
# Wait ten seconds
date

Is my suspicion of a conflicting hardware clock correct? Can it be disabled?

Is there a different reason for the conflicting timestamp behaviour on this NI cRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(227 Views)

cRIO-905x are TSN-enabled by default. You will need to disable the OS time synchronization if you want to set the time manually.

System Time Drift on TSN-Enabled Real-Time Controllers When Time Is Manually Set

Disable Linux OS Time Synchronization

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(200 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ProlucidDavid

After some testing, we've confirmed NI-Industrial Communications for DNP3 Master and Outstation have a dependency on NI Timesync which is responsible for the behaviour. By renaming all the files in this path /usr/local/natinst/share/TimeSync/TimeReferences the system stops reverting to its previous values allowing me to set time manually.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(158 Views)