Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the cRIO-9054 come with a power supply?

Solved!
Go to solution

It may sound strange, but I can't find an answer to this simple question. Does the cRIO-9054 (or 9053) come with a power supply?

I'm planning to order my first cRIO system (I've only used cDAQs before) but I can't find any information on this.

And if I need to order a power supply, which one is best for desktop use?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(444 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D_mitriy

No, it does not ship with the power supply. From What You Need to Get Started

ZYOng_0-1715085811339.png

You can purchase PS-15 from NI or any off-the-shelf 9V to 30V power supply will do. Power connector will be included and you just need to connect the wiring.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 8
(420 Views)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D_mitriy

@ZYOng wrote:

You can purchase PS-15 from NI or any off-the-shelf 9V to 30V power supply will do. Power connector will be included and you just need to connect the wiring.

For my last project, I used a TDK-Lambda DRB120-24-1.  It is about 1/6 the price of NI's PS-15 with almost exact same specifications.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 8
(401 Views)

Thank you for the recommendation!

I'm not sure about the final layout of the whole thing (it could just be set up on the optical table after all with the desktop power supply), but if it ends up in some sort of cabinet, the mounted power supply is a way to go (i.e. both the cRIO and the power supply could be mounted on a panel or rail inside the cabinet).

Suggestions for compact, inexpensive cabinets are always welcome 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(397 Views)

@D_mitriy wrote:

I'm not sure about the final layout of the whole thing (it could just be set up on the optical table after all with the desktop power supply), but if it ends up in some sort of cabinet, the mounted power supply is a way to go (i.e. both the cRIO and the power supply could be mounted on a panel or rail inside the cabinet).

Suggestions for compact, inexpensive cabinets are always welcome 🙂

I had both the power supply, the cRIO, another power supply, and an AC relay mounted on a DIN rail in my last rack.

As far as equipment racks, I am a fan of Emcore.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(337 Views)

Thank you, will have a look (when they will repair their website 😁)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(332 Views)

@D_mitriy wrote:

Thank you, will have a look (when they will repair their website 😁)

The page worked for me.  It could be international issues.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(330 Views)