Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBRIO DIO still available with 9693 mezzanine card ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi !

I plan to use a SBRIO (9626) and a 9693 mezzanine card to be able to plug a 9853E CAN module.

However, I would also need interfacing #20 DIO, 4AI and 4AO. The signals will be cabled on J502 and J503 connectors.

Using the 9693 mezzanine card, will I still be able to get/control state of DIOs/AIOs using the FPGA ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,057 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CyGa

Hi zyl7,

The NI sbRIO-9626 has only 4 single-ended DIO lines on the J503 connector as the sbRIO-9626 doesn't have a J502 connector. Using the NI 9693 prevents access to the RMC for anything other than the two C Series connectors.

The J503 connector has 16 AI and 4 AO so that will work well for your needs there as you can access IDC connectors and RMC connector at the same time in LabVIEW.

The isue with the sbRIO-9626 and the NI 9693 in your application is that you will only have access to 4 DIO. If you are needing 20 DIO, then you would likely need a DIO module in the second slot of the NI 9693 to add at least 16 DIO for your application. You can then use the 4 onboard DIO on the J503 IDC connector, and the DIO on the C Series module to meet your application requirements.

You could also add support circuitry on your daughter card to MUX your 20 DIO down to the 4 DIO lines the sbRIO-9626 has available. This completely depends on the DIO requirements, however.

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,045 Views)

Hi Tannerite,

Thank you for your answer ! It is more clear for me know.

The specification document is made for several boards and distinguishing which does what was confusing me.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,028 Views)