Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI based tdms API functions not working correctly

Hello there,

maybe someone has an idea what I am doing wrong about it.
I wanted to log TDMS data on a cRIO 9012 target by using the VI based API functions http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6471
But when I try to open the tdms file LabVIEW shows an error or displays wrong values.
I compared the data from the VI based API with the original LV VIs and it does seem to me, that the functions do not write a correct header
when opening the VI.
Or am I using the VIs in a wrong manner?
I attached my testing VI that I wrote in LV 8.5 to it. This is not used on the RT,  just programmed it, to verify the behaviour.

Cheers Philipp Nörtershesuer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,110 Views)
I'm using your VI along with the VI based API version that is available for download on ni.com right now. I can't see anything wrong. The file properly opens in the TDMS File Viewer. Can you attach a TDMS file that you have created with this VI, but cannot read afterwards? Is the file unreadable regardless of whether you created it on Windows or VxWorks? What error code do you see and what do the wrong values look like?
Herbert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,094 Views)
    Hello Herbert,
I know it sounds strange (even to me) but I tested it today morning and everything works perfectly.
Don´t know if I misconfigured something on friday or what I did wrong but now it is okay.
I am really sorry for writing this post, was a bit frustrated on friday.
Thanks for your fast reply

yours sincerely

Philipp
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,088 Views)