Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trajectory recording camera

Hi everyone, I am in trouble with my class project. I am trying to design a trajectory recording system using an usb camera. This system is measuring an object's velocity, acceleration and direction. I it doing thin in two dimensions and this measurement is going to be a real-time measurement. However, so far I have just captured a continuous video and converted it into pixel arrays. Now I need some help as a beginner labview user. thanx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,234 Views)
Hi beckology,

Can you tell what kind of problems you are having? Are you getting errors, need a little direction with the programming, are you having hardware interface issues, etc... ?

The more information you can give me, the easier it is for me to get the full picture of your project.
--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,208 Views)
Hi Michelle,

Thanks a lot for your attention, as you say I need some direction with the programming since I am a new user of Labview.
I know what will I do but I really don't know that how can I create an algorithm of it with Labview.
There is a little time to deliver this project so your help his crucially important for me.

Thanx.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,204 Views)
Here is a link to a KnowledgeBase: How To Learn LabVIEW which contains several links to tutorials/Developer Zone articles on LabVIEW fundamentals. If you have three hours to go through shorter tutorial, then I suggest starting there. If you have any specific questions, please post them.

Another good place to start is the Example Finder. In LabVIEW go to Help > Find Examples... The examples are sorted into folders; there is one for Fundamentals. This way you can run an example to see how the program works and modify it to fit your application.

Highlight Execution is a debugging tool that allows the program to run slowly so that you are able to see where the data is going and what is happening to it. You can turn this tool on by clicking the button that looks like a light bulb in your block diagram. Then click the run button.
--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,177 Views)