Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9076 nisyscfg.lvlib:Set Time.vi - Deploy error?

I'm try to set the Time and Date on my new cRIO-9076...

I can set the Time Zone using Max, but the Time & Date looks to be set programmatically...

This should be easy since there is already a VI to do this in the Dependencies section of the Project Explorer - nisyscfg.lvlib: Set Time.vi.

When I run this VI, I get this error from the Delpoyment Progress Window:

Initializing...
Calculating dependencies...
Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...
Preparing items for download. This operation could take a while...
Deploying nisyscfg.lvlib
Deploying Test Project 3.lvproj
Deploying NI-cRIO9076(successfully deployed target settings)
Deploying Error Cluster From Error Code.vi (37.48 K)
Deploying nisyscfg.lvlib:Save Changes (Hardware).vi (15.67 K)
Deploying nisyscfg.lvlib:Close (Hardware).vi (11.98 K)
Deploying nisyscfg.lvlib:Set Time.vinisyscfg.lvlib:Set Time.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.ose the correct function name.
Deploying NI-cRIO9076 Container
Deployment completed with errors

Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,982 Views)

Try reinstalling the software on the Real Time Target. If this does not fix the problem could you post the section of your code that has the Set Time.vi? 

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,962 Views)

Hi Alex - Thanks for responding...

I erased all of the software on the cRIO-9076 and did a complete re-install (Screen Capture attached).

I'm using the LabVIEW Real-Time 12.0.0.1 & NI-RIO 12.0.1 - November 2012 images listed in Max. Installed everything I could...(Screen Capture Attached)

I'm using LabVIEW 2012 SP1

The LabVIEW Project is very simple. I created a fresh project and have only used a single vi from the LabVIEW Functions Palette...

LabVIEW Functions Palette >> Real-Time >> RT Utilities >> System Configuration >> Utilities >> Set Time vi...

When I try to deploy the project, I get an error (Screen Capture Attached)

I have aslo attached the LabVIEW project for your reference...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,945 Views)

Hello NI,

I am running a cRIO 9074 and getting this error on run/deployment:

>>>> 

Initializing...
Calculating dependencies...

Deploying RT_Main.vi
Deployment completed with errors

<<<< 

This occurred when I added a third FPGA FIFO.Read method in a second timed loop to the RT code.  There was a CAR (191558) covering this behavior for LabVIEW 2009, dealing with an extra FPGA I/O or method function whose memory was over a 64k boundary.  I don't know if my instance of this deployment error is relevant to this thread but I do see some other threads out there with this error.  I am running LabVIEW 2013.

Thanks,

HLB

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,933 Views)

Make sure you have "NI System Configuration" installed to the target.  Note it is not selected by default when you install RT.

Message 5 of 7
(7,932 Views)

Thanks JoshuaP, installing NI System Configuration 5.5.0 solved my problem.

HLB

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,929 Views)

So after spending way too much time trying to fix this deployment error (I have no idea why It didn't work - and will it haunt me to my grave), a co-worker showed me another approach...

See http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2438

Inside this library (rt_nist_date_time.llb) are 2 VIs - One which just gets the date/time from a NIST server... The other gets the date/time from a NIST server and then uses it to set the date/time of the cRIO-9076...

It compiled and deployed without any issues...   Thanks Jeremy!

I also ran across another artilce that describes how to do this same type of thing using SNTP, by editing the startup sequence of the cRIO-9076...

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F2B057C72B537EA2862572D100646D43?OpenDocument

FYI - Both of these solutions require the cRIO to be on an active network with a working gateway to reach the internet... Something I was trying to avoid in this setup... Just another trade-off...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,899 Views)