cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

explamation point error in Project Explorer near cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you to anyone that can help me ..

I created a project for my cRIO 9074 with several modules and is working fine on my desktop PC ..
Nevertheless, I have to use, in place of the desktop PC, a laptop (both PCs with Windows 7 platform) that has installed all the software needed, that is also on the desktop.
The project that I moved on the laptop has an exclamation point near the name of the cRIO and it says: "the plug-in for the selected item is not installed on your system or the plug-in has an expired license. Please contact National Instruments."
On both computers: desktop PC and laptop the cRIO is fully seen by MAX.
 we have all licenses as academic institution, and anyway the same software was installed on both PCs (both with licenses).

thank you for any information that can help me,

otilia
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by otilia

Hello,

This exclamation mark usually indicates that either a part of the software is not installed or that the software is not activated on/for that PC.

Is it possible to posta screenshot of where exactly the exclamation mark appears in the project?
This will allow me to get more certainty about what is causing the issue.

Can you also check in the NI License Manager (Start>Programs>National Instruments>NI License Manager) If the LabVIEW Real-Time Module and other modules are correctly activated over there?
The square next to the software modules should be green in this case.
If you have some orange or red squares, then this could indicate that some software was not activated.
A screenshot of this Window would be helpful to further debug the issue.

To check if all the needed software and drivers are installed I would need a MAX Report from both pc's:
- You can create this by going to MAX and selecting File>Create Report
- In the next window you can select "My System" and Technical Support".

Can you do this for both pc's and post the zip-files, so that I can compare the installed software versions?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 2 of 2
(5,079 Views)