cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop Ground and Insulation between channel and ground

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I have a problem acquiring the signal from two different accelerometer sensors, where channel 1 is influencing the voltage read from channel 2, either in Differential mode or in RSE mode. I don't know if the problem could be caused by the ground loop or the isolation of the DAQ channels. I will be leaving the diagram of the connections made.

Bruno Lorenzo

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,453 Views)

What accelerometers and DAQ are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,443 Views)

ADXL203 and NI6218

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,420 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brunolorenzo

1. You should be using Referenced Single Ended configuration for the DAQ channels.  AI_GND should be tied to the device's ground.

2. Following this circuit note (CN0189), it looks like you should add some amplifiers between the accelerometer and the DAQ.  I didn't dive into the circuit, but you may get away with simple voltage follower op-amp setups.  This was my first thought with your first post as ghosting is common with high output impedance devices.  Adding simple op-amp circuits usually fixes that as op-amps have very low output impedance.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(1,416 Views)

Thanks, just adding the voltage follower helped.👍

B. Lorenzo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,383 Views)