SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

math script in custom step

Is it possible to use MathScript in custom RunLV step?

And if so how would i deploy such a vi?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,467 Views)

Hi vlad,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a custom 'RunLV' step. Can you please clarify? If you are looking to use the MathScript Node in an executable, the .m file needs to be included in your project and you need to select 'Enable MathScript Support' under Advanced Settings in the Build Specifications Dialog.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,458 Views)

I am looking to create custom step for SignalExpress in Labview using provided template.

My question is can i use mathscript within that step? If I need to deploy custom steps as vi.llb technically it is not compiled application.

Is it still possible?

Thanks

Vlad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,454 Views)

Hi Vlad,

I would recommend trying a simple test case in which you create a VI that includes a MathScript node and attempt to add the VI in a custom/user-defined step in SignalExpress. The guidelines for creating a VI for a custom step don't make an explicit mention of MathScript. Luckily, this is something that should take only a few minutes to test. You may want to ensure that the VI you create (for the custom step) follows the guidelines:

VI Guidelines for User Defined Steps In SignalExpress. Please let us know what you find when you try this.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,424 Views)