From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Sound and Vibration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI pallette for reading mp3 files

Hello concerned,

Can somebody let me know the VI pallette for reading the Mp3 file. I want to get the mp3 file and filter it for different operation it to implement an audio equalizer with it.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(21,126 Views)

Hi,

The best way to load an MP3 file into LabVIEW would be through the USI plug in. I hesitate to say it would be the only way. (Lots of ways to do things in LabVIEW)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11951

Is a very high level walk through of using a data plugin.

You will need to run the audio USI plugin before doing this.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/44

I don't know why the documentation implies it only works for .WAV files. I have used it to open the kalimba mp3 file that ships with Windows.

I have not made any functionality yet beyond just pulling up the file.

I would encourage you to have a data loading phase and then manipulate the data. Trying to stream data from the file as you manipulate may be difficult to implement.

I will post further code if i can get anything like a functional equalizer running.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(12,124 Views)

Yes, this works.  Here's what I did below.  You can get it to show up as waveform data, then you can filter it as you wish.

Read Mp3 2.png

Read Mp3.png

Message 3 of 7
(12,124 Views)

very usefull

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(12,124 Views)

Btw, if someone is having a problem with the x-axis formatting strangely here's what you can do:
Double click on the "Read Data" Express VI. In the bottom right hand corner, where it says "Output data channels as:" Choose something other than "Array of Waveforms" or really anything other than Dynamic Data Type. Then you can format the x-axis as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,707 Views)

Yes. you can.

First you need convert mp3 to simple data.

Then put it in LabVIEW player format Y, 

LabVIEW format is single channel data and make a array.

So the key is convert to wave format. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,978 Views)

The format has problem. This open not support mp3 format.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,950 Views)