SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovering devices across subnets

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a dev SystemLink going in the lab and want to move to a production SystemLink server. All my systems are currently connected to the dev server.

As of yesterday, I now have a VM on our internal servers, SystemLink is installed and configured and ready to go. However, it's not discovering any of the RT targets I have deployed around my site. The VM is on a different subnet than the targets (targets are far and wide across the site). Originally, I had configured the targets in the lab, on the same subnet as the dev server and all were auto discovered. When I moved the targets to their remote locations, they were still able to connect to the dev server. 

I've noticed in the lab that the dev server was able to find a target that was not on it's local subnet (although physically connected to the same switch). What are the boundaries for discovering systems and how do I get these targets connected to my prod server?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,766 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wrkcrw00

If your targets are Linux RT clients, you should be able to add the devices by IP address if they don't show up in discovered systems. If they are Windows clients, they wouldn't show up in discovered systems and instead you point them to the server upon the SystemLink client install. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,763 Views)

I missed the add by address button. That works. Yes, these are RT targets. Windows targets I can point to the new server from the Client.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,760 Views)