Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software tab grayed out

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author wrkcrw00

I removed Jupyter and wa-la, it works! The software tab wasn't grayed out and I was able to install a package, restart the device, and all works at the speeds that I expect. I've been having trouble with a few other targets but I thought it was network troubles. It may still be, but I'll have to try deploying SW again to see if whatever bug this is related to Jupyter is causing the issue.

Am I the only one who's experiencing this type of issue with Jupyter installed? You mentioned you discovered the issue in 18.5 but have you seen the issue with other customers?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,385 Views)

To further confirm the issue and resolution, I successfully pushed SW to two other targets that I had been having trouble with. Remove Jupyter did the trick. 

Message 12 of 14
(1,379 Views)

I'm not aware of another customer reporting it but if anyone else is seeing this issue, please feel free to reach out to me with a direct message.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,375 Views)

Just to add context, the behavior was somewhat hard to track down by navigating through the GUI, but when we opened up the Skyline log (C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Skyline\Logs\Log.txt) we saw the JupyterHub service trying to go live constantly. I've included an excerpt from a log that shows what that looks like:

image.png

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,366 Views)