SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systemlink Cloud deprecated

Solved!
Go to solution

I just opened Systemlink Cloud to find the news that the server will be shut down in Feb 2024.

aartjan_0-1702457992018.png

This news makes me quite worried about the future for Systemlink itself. On this forum I found no NI Statement about it, either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
Message 1 of 9
(1,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by aartjan

SystemLink and SystemLink Cloud are very different products with different features targeted for different use cases. SystemLink Cloud was primarily focused on hosting WebVIs and monitoring systems and had very low customer adoption or growth. In hindsight, "SystemLink Cloud" was probably not the best name for the product and caused a lot of additional confusion. 

SystemLink is focused more on helping customers manage their test systems, collecting and analyzing their test results, as well as hosting WebVIs and monitoring systems. SystemLink is growing and doing great and we are continuing to invest in the platform and have a lot of awesome new features planned for 2024.

In summary, shutting down SystemLink Cloud has no impact on SystemLink itself. 

Message 2 of 9
(1,396 Views)

That is certainly a relief to hear, Joshua! Thanks.

Actually, I wasn't using Systemlink at all, so far. Initially, it just "appeared" when I started making Labview webservices that use NI web server instead of the application server. It merely annoyed me that the NI web server came with this "bloat" I didn't ask for.

As my webservices become more advanced, I am moving towards a more "microservice" architecture. Suddenly, Systemlink is becoming much more interesting. With the Labview Systemlink toolkit, I can easily implement messaging between microservices. And the Tag and File functions can be put to good use as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,392 Views)

To learn how to setup your own NI Web Server to work like Systemlink Cloud did, read this: Re: Confusion Over NI Web Server Hosting - NI Community

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,166 Views)

But without SystemLink cloud we cannot make the WebVI global. SystemLink server supports only within the network access.

So this does have an impact right ?

Or how do I make it for global access now? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(895 Views)

You'll have to setup a cloud VM to host a public server.  See here: Re: Confusion Over NI Web Server Hosting - NI Community

Christopher Farmer

DQMH Trusted Advisor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(889 Views)

I don't really understand on how to do it. I have locally hosted using NI Web Server and its running fine in my local machine. Now how should I link the NI Web Server to the clould VM. Would be of great help if u get me through it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(882 Views)

You need to create a VM in the cloud and enable the required ports to provide public access.  I'd suggest talking to your IT person for help with this task. Then you install Systemlink Server on this VM and deploy your web VI to it.

Christopher Farmer

DQMH Trusted Advisor

Message 8 of 9
(877 Views)

Not a specific advocation of this third-party provider, the security of leveraging tool, or even that it would work correctly with the NI Web Server (I have not tried it), but another class of tools to be aware of are "tunnels" that give you a way to tunnel a local server to expose through a cloud provider like Cloud Flare Tunnel. Definitely work with your IT for these kinds of options.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(861 Views)