SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebVIs: How to customize favicon, browser title, and navigation?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I modified the SystemLink Web Interface Template (https://github.com/ni/systemlink-web-interface-template ) and managed to deploy a custom WebVI to my server.

My SystemLink web app consists of a few different pages (different .html files), and I can navigate between them by setting window.location.href in JavaScript. However, I haven't been able to replicate a few things that I've seen in NI's built-in SystemLink web apps:

systemlink-webvi-customizations.png

1. How do I give my web app a custom favicon and browser tab title? I currently get the default SL icon and the title is "NI SystemLink™".
  2. How do I assign a different subpath for each of my .html files in my web app?
  3. How do I implement a breadcrumb navbar? This looks like a feature that's built into SystemLink and is used by many of NI's SystemLink plugins -- can my web app hook into that?
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JKSH
  1. You can configure a favicon and browser tab title using the config.json file for your application. There is a property for each setting you want to configure. The first is favicon which is a string of the path to your icon. The second is pageTitleToken which is the token in your localized resource file that you want to use as the title. If you want the page title to match the application name, you can set the value of pageTitleToken to the same value as titleToken.
  2. There isn't currently a supported way to assign a different subpath for each .html file in your WebVI.
  3. You are correct that the breadcrumb nav bar is used in a number of applications across SystemLink, but there currently isn't a way to leverage the breadcrumb bar outside of an NI-built application.
Message 2 of 2
(1,192 Views)