UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnable Listbox Control (Like Getting Started Window)

I thought the GSW code was unlocked, but I can't even copy the listbox from GSW_MainPanel. Is this listbox (or similar) available through some other means?

GSW.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,446 Views)

The GSW should be a packed library, and I don't think its source code ships with LV. I think Christina had the code on her blog, but that was the 8.x GSW.

One thing you could try is using the Create From Reference method. I don't remember offhand which class it's in (Diagram?), but there are probably some references to it in the scripting group, or you might be able to use the class browser to search for it. I believe it should have an input for the source object and you might be able to open a reference to the GSW VI and get the control refs, although I never tried it on a VI in a PPL myself. I assume it should work since the FP is there.

(3,311 Views)

The pinning isn't a built-in feature of the listbox.

I use mouse events to determine when you're mousing over a row and position a separate "pin" button on top of the row.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 3 of 4
(3,311 Views)

I never really even used it, so I just assumed it was a listbox (or MCLB) with custom glyphs. I understand how that could be a problem if the In Bounds method (or whatever it's called) doesn't tell you if you're on the glyph, although I expect it would.

(3,311 Views)