UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Button hover image not working in array of clusters?

Hi,

System Button has 6 images, two of which are for hover/mouse over.

a) The hover images work fine on the button by itself (obviously).

b) The hover images work fine when the button is in a cluster.

c) The hover images work fine when buttons are in an array.

But...

d) The hover images stop working (correctly) if I put the system button in a cluster, and make an array of those clusters.

Given LabVIEW, this isn't surprising at all. But do anybody here know of a way to make d) work?

I've tried any combination of settings on the involved objects like synchronous display, disabling key focus/hover settings for all involved controls but the buttons themselves, disabled any data dragging/dropping capabilities in the controls etc. I'm not interested in workarounds (two arrays on top of each other and so on), just case d) above.

EDIT: I know that almost all properties are shared between all elements of an array, so I'm not so surprised d) doesn't work, I'm more surprised c) actually works. The reason I'm even asking for d) is because c) is working.

Thanks,

Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,276 Views)

Steen,

The work-around is to display only single cluster from the array. From there, the LabVIEW event structure can be set to detect 'Mouse Enter' and 'Mouse Leave' for each individual item within the cluster. So you can detect *which* item in the cluster is hovered.

As your cluster are in arrays, I would not expect LabVIEW to be able to detect specific array elements. Arrays are not exactly the most practical control or indicator.

It's pretty trivial to create a select control on your GUI - that can scroll to a particular array element, and simply display that single element in a single cluster display- once there you can detect the user hover and take appropriate action.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,144 Views)