USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth analysis in USRP. Is that possible?

Hello fellows. You may be aware of the NI Bluetooth Measurement Suite and that this toolkit requires PXI hardware (VSA and VSG) to work.

Is there any alternative library or product you can recommend to work with USRP? Can be any model number of USRP.

The goal is to analyze signal packets and further simulate Bluetooth master devices in USRP to communicate with other real devices. 

I am just concerned about the lack of IQ power edge trigger capability mentioned in this other post. So any design recommendation is appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,989 Views)

My immediate thought is that there isn't enough instantaneous bandwidth in the USRP as Bluetooth frequency hops once connected (up to 83MHz.)

You could specifically look at the advertising channels which is one of three (I think.) and you should be able to look at that data.

I'm very interested in your thoughts/development on this as I'll be looking into this in the next month or so which I may be able to give some assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,934 Views)

There are USRP RIO devices with 120 MHz or 160 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth. That might work for Bluetooth applications, although I don't know of any posted examples.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,931 Views)

Hello StepehnKee. Thanks for your interest.

A NI USRP-2954R was purchased for GPS and other RF behavior studies. Bluetooth analysis was desirable (if available). If there is no ready to use tool set for analyze Bluetooth data using the USRP, because either hardware limitation or software layer not yet created, this implementation will be postponed by the end user.

I appreciate your attention, and hope further development around Bluetooth and USRP gain the right visibility.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,920 Views)