USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is UHD source code platform specific?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is the UHD source code target platform specific?

I have been expanding the UHD to include support for our daughterboard.

I am working in Linux and need to know if the same patch I generate will work for windows systems, ie,  both windows and Linux UHD source code is the same.

Thank You,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,058 Views)

Hi Alex,

To my knowledge there is currently no Linux UHD code. The USRP drivers are written for a Windows operating system.

How did you install the driver support for the UHD? Was it by following a process similar to that outlined here.?

Because the code for the UHD is actually written for Windows, it is likely that any changes you make in your Linux environment will work.

Can you also please post the link to where you obained the UHD code (unless it shipped with teh USRP hardware).

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,049 Views)
Solution
Accepted by buckleyalex

The USRP Hardware Driver™ software (UHD™) is the hardware driver for all USRP devices. It works on all major platforms (Linux, Windows, and Mac).

I recommend you check out the USRP users mailing list for UHD support.  While you may get an answer on this forum, this forum provides support more targeted for NI-USRP hardware questions or NI-USRP Windows driver and LabVIEW questions.

You can find more information about the mailing list and other forums of support here:

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,044 Views)

Hi Chris,

The USRP is commonly used along with GNU radio, with a lot of users Linux.

There is a build script that takes care of the dependencies for both and does the install here.

cheers

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,029 Views)

Thank you Anthony,

I should be confident that the changes I make in Linux should port over to Windows then with no trouble when I test it.

Thank you for the link.

cheeers

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,028 Views)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the info.

Glad Anthony managed to help you out.

Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support