USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mod_Continuous BB-PSK, generation continuous user data, switching moduations

I am looking to create a dynamic transmitter that has a continuously changing bitstream at some relatively low bitrate.  I started working with the EX SPK TX example and have been practicing by inputting 1D array into the "mod_Continuous BB-PSK generation" block and everything works fine except that after the array ends I do not it to repeat but instead transmit a frame header and then more bitstream frames.

I would like some sort of bitstream buffer I can fill from one VI and have the USRP empty the buffer at the same time.

I am doing this as I want to test FEC codes and I will have the USRP transmit one mode for some time and then switch instantly and let this run for several minutes and take measurements over the air.  Additionally I would also like to instantly switch modulations in the future, which I do not see any support for so I might have to develop my own, probably in C++ then converting my IQ pairs to the waveform format?

USRP-2910 WBX LABVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,801 Views)

It should be possible to transmit different bitstreams; you would need to expand the while loop so that the "mod_Continuous BB-PSK generation" is included, and you could then use a state machine architecture to send a header, different bitstream frames, etc by passing different bit patterns in each case.  If you can do it within the same application, that might be ideal, since once you get to passing data between VIs you will have to start looking into using the shared variable engine.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by switching modulations, do you mean switching all of the parameters in the example such as the carrier frequency, I/Q rate, PSK format etc?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,788 Views)