Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Defined Test, multiple test cases?

Is there a way to make multiple test cases that show up nicely in the Results window? It doesn't appear there is even an option in any of the UTF clusters for naming test cases, the results window always just shows Test Case 1. The "result (parameters)" variable in the final output cluster is an array so I can add as many "test cases" there but they still show up under Test Case 1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(809 Views)

Hi, 

Not sure what you want to achieve here, but to be fair I have not used UTF in a long while. Have you looked into the other unit testing frameworks available? Like LUnit or Caraya, both available through VIPM. I am quite biased, but I feel it is kind of awkward to not write the actual tests directly in LabVIEW and UTF is painfully slow.

If you write your tests in LUnit, each test will be a VI which shows up in the results view when run. All results are reported for the VI and the name of the VI is reported as the name of the test. Tests are then grouped in test classes, but you do not need any OO to use it; just think about it as a library. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(761 Views)