VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a startup procedure in Veristand?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there!

The NI Example Finder should have examples, once VeriStand is installed (in addition to LabVIEW).

See: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E1066949FA67B6CE862578A7005988D5

So, mine are located at: D:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\examples\NI Veristand\API

Another thought is that if you use the Stimulus Profile Editor to run your tests, there is a Setup part to a stimulus profile.  See Figure 3 here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13097/en/

For more information on the Stimulus Profile Editor, this tutorial is pretty nice: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/13604/en/

Best,

Ryan C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(3,533 Views)

Thanks a lot, I will try both ways next week and give feedback, what was the best solution for me.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(3,520 Views)

We have VI's with LV 2011 version and were using this files on NI Veristand 2011. Now we upgraded both veristand and Labview to 2014 version. When we tried to load/configure the file in Veristand, we getting issues  Error code - 10.  too early conversion and the VI is not executable. I dont know why like this. Can you help me this. The same error when we tried to lpad the sys definition file. Help me

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(3,396 Views)

kschethan,

The problem you're running into looks unrelated to the original topic of the thread. I'd strongly recommend creating a new thread for this problem - you're much more likely to get a good response from the community on a more recent thread that isn't already marked as solved.

When you create your new thread, please upload a screen shot of the error so that other people can see the accompanying message. I'd also recommend providing the following information:
 - Exactly what actions trigger the error (is it when you load the sys def file, or when you add a model - I couldn't tell from your description)?
 - It sounds like you used to have a VeriStand model built from a LabVIEW 2011 VI, and now you're trying to integrate the 2014 version of the model into VeriStand 2014. Is that right? Just to confirm, you've regenerated the model file in 2014, right?

Again, like I said earlier, I'd strongly recommend creating a new thread for this topic and clarifying the above information in your new post.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(3,367 Views)

Sorry I was not aware of this. I will create a new thread. Everything built in 2011 Labview and Veristand, now we have installed 2014 version. Error window pops up when we start Veristand.

I have post the screen shots. Help me 

Thanks for your response. 

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(3,363 Views)

Test bench have been upgraded LV and VS from 2011 to 2014. 

When I tried to run the system configuration tool.exe (system definition API file), I am facing load error for custom devices.

1. We have 2014 Full development Version. (Before 2011)

2. LV model built in 2011 and Matlab model in 2009b

3. Error (see the image)

Its works well in other bench which has 2011 version's of LV and VS. But, why not its happening after upgrading. Can anyone help me with this.

Did I miss something during upgrade/installation from 2011 to 2014

Thanks in advcance

Chethan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(3,321 Views)

Hello,

I'm quite sure you can't mix 2011 and 2014 into the same project, and so you'll have to upgrade your 2011 code to 2014.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(3,311 Views)

Complete project LV models are built in 2011 version. Just we installed LV 2014 version software. why am I facing this error. 

Is this is compatilibilty issue ? 

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(3,300 Views)

LV models need LV RunTime of specific version to be able to run.

So if you want to run under NI VeriStand 2014, you need to rebuild the models against LabVIEW 2014 Run Time, that was used to build NI VeriStand 2014.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,295 Views)

Jiri,

Thanks for reply,

I have some queries, 

What is the LV runtime speific version in our case, how can I find this  ? 

How can I rebuild the models against LV 2014 ?,

I have many VI's and sub VI's, Is there any way to make this to work with LV 2014 and VS 2014 ?

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(3,287 Views)