Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Veristand DLL models simultaneous execution

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all,

I have to resolve an issue turns out with my VeriStand workspace:

I have a NIVS project with two dll models, whose execution (Run/Stop/Pause) is monitored in the VersìStand workspace by two "Model Control" UI Objects.

I wonder if it is possible to manage the executions without a twice clicking, that is, control them together by a mouse click.

I tried to create a custom UI object, whose controls would/should manage all the other dll UI objects controls in the workspace; then I modified "Model -  Model Control.vi" with the addition of a "Call by Reference" block to call my custom UI object controls; but an error occurs when I tried to load the object in the workspace. The same problem using a subVI rather than a Call by Reference.

I hope to be clear.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Giulio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CGiulio

Hi Giulio,

the quickest way to set multiple channel values (aka "destinations") with a single source channel is the combination user channel and mappings. That is:

-) In the system explorer, create a user channel called Batch Model Start.

-) Press the mappings button on top and connect the user channel to both Model Execution channels, one for each model.

-) Bind a workspace control to the user channel

Capture.JPG

In this way you can change the model execution mode of multiple models with a single channel (and therfore a mouse click). You can use a boolean control if you just want to start/stop the model or an integer control if you want to better control each execution state, that are:

0: Start
1: Pause
2: Reset
3: Save
4: Restore

Using a custom UI object is honestly an overkill if you just have to set multiple values at once.

Hope this helps

Regards

Fabio

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(5,927 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply, it works very well and it's simple. I think to apply this solution to control the execution of the models, for now.

Best regards,

Giulio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,907 Views)