VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand Alarms

Solved!
Go to solution

I've configured an alarm to trip on system Estop. I look at the fault bit from a device and trigger a procedure when it is out of bounds. The problem is that the alarm message doesn't always pop up. the action to trip another channel seem to work. Is this a known issue or am I doing somethin wrong here? Where can i get detailed information on configuring alarms?

JY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,929 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffyy

Does the dialog sometimes pop up, and sometimes it doesn't?

If so, this might have to do with how quickly your triggered procedure resets the alarm. The Workspace polls some system channels at 5Hz to see if any alarms are active. If so, it looks up the alarm ID stored in the appropriate system channel and shows a dialog corresponding to that alarm.

The issue that could come up is if your alarm is triggered and then reset within a 200ms time window. In that case the Workspace might read the untriggered state, wait 200ms, and then read the untriggered state again, having missed the alarm trip.

One thing to try would be to edit your procedure and add a Dwell(0.3) step before resetting the alarm. This is much more likely to give the Workspace a big enough time window to recognize the alarm has been triggered and to show the dialog.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,927 Views)

Tengo un inconveniente con la tabla de alarms & events.

Me logueo con un usuario y a la hora que reconozco la alarma me aparece en "user ack" mi usuario pero esto solo me funciona cuando lo ejecuto mi programa en labview. cuando creo el ejecutable en la tablita en user ack aparece (nobody)

ALARMS.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,077 Views)

Buenas di3go,

Que API esta usando usted? Anote que este foro es solamente para preguntas sobre el software NI VeriStand. Por favor refierace al foro de LabVIEW para preguntas sobre DSC.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,065 Views)