Washington Community Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Object-Oriented Design and Programming in LabVIEW Course

I wanted you all to get the first announcement that the Customer Education  team at NI has released a brand new OO course titled Object-Oriented Design and Programming in  LabVIEW.

This course was designed and developed wholly by the  Customer Education team at NI with significant  contributions from multiple groups at NI, including LabVIEW R&D and Systems  Engineering.

The next scheduled instance of this new course is  12/13/2010, in Seattle (Bellevue). After that date, all OO courses offered by NI will  use the new course material. Here's some high-level information about the course  content:

• Initial focus is on good OO design, then move to developing an OO  application in G.
  • Students learn how to develop a simple class hierarchy.
  • All exercise development uses LabVIEW classes.
  • Discusses some of the problem types that LabVIEW classes are particularly  adept at solving.
  • Introduces students to several OO design patterns (channeling, aggregation,  and factory patterns).
  • Presents code review criteria for OO applications developed in G.
  • Students learn how to modify their existing code to leverage LabVIEW  classes.
  • Students deploy an application that uses dynamically loaded plug-in  classes.

Feel free to call me with any questions about this new class - my direct line is 512.683.0216 or you can email me at christie.kurtz@ni.com.

Christie Kurtz

Training Territory Manager - Pacific Northwest

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(10,714 Views)