Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocouple Node Part Numbers - Difference between programmable and non-programmable nodes?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

We just received our starter kit and nodes.  When looking at the part number on the back of the programmable thermocouple node (with the starter kit), it is listed as "197085D-01L".  There is no number that matches the Part Number listed on the website, such as 780998-02.  The non-programmable thermocouple nodes also have this same "197085D-01L" part number on the back.  Is there another way to determine which of these nodes have LabVIEW capability?

Thanks!

Garrett

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,130 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Garrett Cook

Hi Garrett,

The part numbers you see on the web are the shipping kit numbers.

The programmable node kits include a LabVIEW WSN deployment license, allowing you to embed applications on one WSN node. The non-programmable node kits ship the same hardware, but not the license.

Therefore, if you have 10 licenses, you just need to ensure that you are only embedding code on 10 nodes.

thanks,

Kurt 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,125 Views)

Hi,

I also had the same confusion as Garrett.

If I understand what you're saying.... if I bought a non programmable node at first, I could then later buy a license and would be able to use that node now as a programmable node? Just want to make sure. Good thinking from NI to do it that way

J

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,100 Views)

JChec,

Yes, you are correct. If you buy a programmable node, but then realize that you need to do custom analysis, embedded decision making, or optimize your node's power consumption, you can call NI to purchase a LabVIEW WSN license. However, it is cheaper to buy the programmable node up front.

Kurt 

Message 4 of 6
(8,092 Views)

Garrett,

I'm in the same situation, where I may need to buy a license at a later date to be able to program a node.  Can you tell me the part number for ordering just the license?  Also if you know the stand alone license cost, I would be curious (ballpark).  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,828 Views)

Hello,

There is a $300 difference in the list price for the programmable and non-programmable nodes which is the ballpark figure for the license. I have included the links below for the product pages below, but our Sales team would be able to assist you with the actual price. Purchasing and sales contact information are also listed on the product pages as well. 

NI WSN-3212 4 Ch, 24-Bit, Programmable Thermocouple Input Node

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207089 

NI WSN-3212 4 Ch, 24-Bit, Thermocouple Input Node (Non-programmable)

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/206922 

Best,

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,809 Views)