BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the coolest thing you've done with LabVIEW?

Not me, but I ran across this yesterday on G+.  Some college kids used a Kinect to make a LV whiteboard.

Message 31 of 36
(5,905 Views)

Thanks for sharing, Matt. I forwarded this on to some of my buddies here at NI.

Recently, I've seen a surge of interest in LabVIEW+Kinect projects on our LabVIEW Robotics Code Exchange. Check it out if you're interested to see what else is possible:

ni.com/code/robotics

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(5,873 Views)

@FrankHS wrote:

I'm in the process of modifying a CNC Mill ( a full sized one) to be controlled by national instruments hardware and programmed with LabView. The existing controls are obselete and difficult to find parts for. I'm using a PCI 7344 card.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as cool, but it is a hobby rather than my regular job of programming LabView.

Frank- what are you using for a G code interpreter?  I retrofitted a lagun2 cnc machine with emc2 years ago- would have loved to do it in labview but I didnt see any cheap or free g code interpreters out there.

thx

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(5,778 Views)

Hearing test for rabbits

Message 34 of 36
(5,686 Views)

I did a hearing test for rats. In LV 1.2.  It might be interesting to compare notes.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(5,664 Views)

In my first project with LabVIEW I have played a lot with the webcam. Since its my first task It was so cool that I was able to capture video and process the image taken from the video. Once I completed and showed it to my friends it was like a magic for me. Enjoyed a lot while coding.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 36 of 36
(5,614 Views)