FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable DHCP on 1601 Controller

See the attached image but I am not getting an option to enable DHCP.  I do not have an option for, "Obtain IP address from DHCP server".  The system is connected to a network and the PC had no issue getting a IP address from the DHCP server.  Why am I not getting an option to use a Dynamic IP with a FP-1601 Controller?

I am using MAX 4.2 that has built in FieldPoint support.  Most information on NI's WEB site is related to using the old FP Explorer that is no longer needed.  Are there any good documents our there how to configure FieldPoint using MAX?

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,683 Views)

Hello Matthew,

First things first, I would ask if you have the Field Point driver installed on your host computer and if so, what version is it?
Also, have you ever seen the DHCP option enabled in MAX when configuring your RT target or is this behavior something that occurred recently?

Typically, I encourage customers to specify a static IP address, since DHCP can reassign a network address independently and without indication. Are you able to successfully assign a static IP address to your ethernet module?

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
Emilie K. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

Message 2 of 4
(6,661 Views)
Here's something else:
Upon further investigation, I found this KnowledgeBase that describes the behavior you are seeing to a T. Check it out and let us know if that fixes your issue.
Cheers,
Emilie K.
Message 3 of 4
(6,653 Views)

Yup, that is the problem.

Thanks!

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,650 Views)