LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary directory for LabVIEW application builder

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW 2020 professional version installed on my computer. I have used application builder to build multiple applications without any issue until recently (probably after some Windows updates? but I am not sure). Right now, when I try to build even the same application that used to work before, I am getting "Error copying files...". Inside this long error message, I could see something like "Destination: C:\tNIAB\..." followed by

"Copy in Copy From Folder To Folder.vi->Librarian Copy.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Copy_File.vi->AB_Source.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller<APPEND>
C:\tNIAB\<filename_to_copy>"

When I check the detailed error I could see this following,

"

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 6 occurred at AB_Destination.lvclass:Copy_File.vi -> AB_Source.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x6) Generic file I/O error.
=========================
I/O operation aborted."

I have tried to repair the whole LabVIEW from NI package manager but see no difference after that.

Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(757 Views)

Can you share a slimmed-down version of this project? Also, can you try to build a new application with a new project and just a blank VI as the main and see if it still fails?

Sometimes application builder throws that error 6 if the folder where you are building is open, so just make sure windows explorer or any other applications that might be using that folder are completely closed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(667 Views)

R-click the build action in the project and select "Clear" or something similar and make sure no files from that structure is open in another program and it'll lock them.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(660 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevensung

Thank you for all replies to my post.

After some troubleshooting, I realized there were some dependency subVIs broken. These subVIs are part of the .NET calls and were not ringing the bells when I tested the main VI in the development mode for some reasons. After fixing them all, I retried to build the application and this time it worked.

So I will close out this topic. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(655 Views)