Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Function pallet using myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Using NI myRIO, I am implementing a speech recognition VI that requires the use of "constructor nodes". However, these nodes are only found in the .NET control pallet (connectivity>>.NET>>constructor node). I am not able to run the program since these constructor nodes arn't available when programming in the myRIO domain. The error that apears is that the constructor node is not supported, which makes sense since the .NET control pallet is not available. I attempted importing .NET controls to the pallet, however I am unable to import the "System.Speech(3.0.0.0)" assembly file (another question is if this is the correct assmebly file that needs to be imported if I want to import the .NET control pallet?).  I get a message that states that "This assmebly contains no public controls". In summary,

Is the .NET control pallet available for programming in the myRIO domain?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,928 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CristobalAbrego

ChristobalAbrego,

That is an interesting project that you are working on! The .NET framework up until recently was a Windows only platform. You can know install a .NET CORE library on Linux and OSX; however the myRIO is running a real-time Linux OS which you cannot have the .NET framework installed on it .

That all being said, the short answer to your questions is “no” the .Net framework cannot be used on the myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,908 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

Makes sense. What I did to by-pass this issue is to run the speech recognition scheme on the windows domain and then via shared variables, send the appropriate commands to the myRIO domain for command actuation.

Thanks again for your input.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,835 Views)

can you please discuss how you did it ..... I am also trying similiar things but i can not do...........

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,654 Views)

In the project window, there are two domains where you can load programs: the computer domain and the myRIO domain. Apparently, in my case, .NET is not supported in the myRIO OS. Therefore, in my main program, I created a sub-VI which performs the operations that the myRIO cannot handle.

Then, I have the main VI and the sub-VI open at the same time (note that the subVI is on the computer domain in the Project window and the main VI is in the myRIO domain). I my case, I need the .NET operations to operate at the same time as the main VI, so to do this, I run both VI's (main and sub VI) at the same time. This allows me to receive data from the myRIO, perform an operation on this data, then send the result back to the myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,644 Views)