BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CLA on the block

There's another CLA around here, and it's me!

Huzzah

Two years for the recert is going to fly past 😞

Congratulations!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,409 Views)

Thanks Ravens!

I've just noticed I missed a good opertunity for a pun in the title; A new CLA on the block diagram

Congrats- if you'll accept them from a lowly CLD.Smiley Very Happy

at < 300 forum posts you must be either working with some great people or pretty darned good at software.  either way, consider upping your forum contributions!  Best regards!

Edit: Actually its the # of posts----not quality.  (just looked through your recient posts.  BOWS.   )  consider upping the game anyhow? the community needs mentors.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 10
(9,394 Views)

Congratulations

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(9,345 Views)

Thanks Jeff, Ray.

I don't know about 'lowly CLD'; a lot of your posts are enlightening and you clearly know your stuff.

I have less than 300 posts because I am the only software developer where I work; I find it difficult to find the time to make proper forum contributions, also I tend to just work out my own issues rather than posting on the forums at the first sign of trouble. 

However! I've been mentally writing some nice long posts about;

large project design

module abstraction

synchronising concurrent processes (data aquisition, data logging, hardware control, PID)

error handling - handling the errors rather than just passing them down the wire and stepping through red case structures until an error dialog box pops up

I work in a research environment, so there aren't the pressures of industry. When I began, I'd never heard of LabVIEW but got thrown straight into the deep end anyway. Four years later, I have designed and implemented a dozen or so large test rigs, and had the chance to play with ideas and experiment with various design patterns of my own devising. 

Congrats! Mark your calendar for the February timeframe so you can attend the CLA Summit. Think of Ni Week on steroids. The summit is for CLAs only and the discussions are fantastic.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(9,307 Views)
Congatulations!! Yes, the two years does fly by, up for a recert soon myself. Had consider the upgrade, thought I might do the prep class and take the test at NIWekk, but alas I had to be elsewhere. Keep on posting, and if you have a couple of those "long posts" near completion, please do so.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,288 Views)

Congratulations!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(9,257 Views)

Congratulations!

It's not the post count that matters, but the quality of posts.

Heck, after over 8K posts, I'm still an uncertified NOOB.  😉

But I'm learning.... 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(9,203 Views)