BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

Placeholder for future code that doesn't break existing code? Old code that got removed but not completely?

No harm done by this, the compiler should remove it

(10,649 Views)

I think it's more likely to be something that was left behind.

There is no harm done by this. That's a rube, though.

Regards

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 1342 of 2,571
(10,639 Views)

Sadly, I participated in a code review and the person gave this subvi. I tried convincing him to replace with withat's below the structure, but he said "It works, I'm not changing it"

RubeGoldbergWouldBeProud.png

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 1343 of 2,571
(10,543 Views)

@bsvare wrote:

Sadly, I participated in a code review and the person gave this subvi. I tried convincing him to replace with withat's below the structure, but he said "It works, I'm not changing it"

Wow. Stunning. This particular developer would probably need 4 weeks to complete a CLD test. Smiley Surprised

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1344 of 2,571
(10,531 Views)

aka: Block Diagram Encryption

0 Kudos
Message 1345 of 2,571
(10,528 Views)

@bsvare wrote:

Code review ettiquite:  That is "Richly Obfuscated Code" if the developer has input to your performance evaluations. Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1346 of 2,571
(10,511 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@bsvare wrote:

Code review ettiquite:  That is "Richly Obfuscated Code" if the developer has input to your performance evaluations. Smiley Wink

I'm lucky enough to have a boss that wants to improve.  I tell him a short way to do something and he likes it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1347 of 2,571
(10,493 Views)

@bsvare wrote:

I tried convincing him to replace with withat's below the structure, but he said "It works, I'm not changing it"

Well, to be fair, your code is not equivalent, because it omits the error handling. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 1348 of 2,571
(10,478 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@bsvare wrote:

I tried convincing him to replace with withat's below the structure, but he said "It works, I'm not changing it"

Well, to be fair, your code is not equivalent, because it omits the error handling. 😮

Nor does it remove all whitespace charactersSmiley Surprised missed that the first time myself

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1349 of 2,571
(10,459 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

Nor does it remove all whitespace charactersSmiley Surprised missed that the first time myself

That will probably become a big bug for someone to discover in the future. "Why can't I insert a 32, it keeps chaning to 0!" (unless that is intended...)

0 Kudos
Message 1350 of 2,571
(10,454 Views)