BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The misspellings of LabVIEW

@elset191 wrote:

Well, in fairness to NI, you're not allowed to have lowercase letters on license plates.  Not any plate I've seen anyway, and I've seen a lot.  My dad is a big collector.

(I'm assuming I'm not overlooking another use of it..)

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Caps only on license plates. NI is of the hook ... *this* time. Smiley Wink

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(5,950 Views)

I received a resume one time where the person was applying for a test position with a requirement they have LabVIEW experience. Considering test people should be focused on identifying mistakes and any serious LabVIEW programmer knows how to write LabVIEW it amazed me when the applicant's resume had LabVIEW written five different ways. Even worse not one of them was the correct way. I had to actually had to interview this person since another manager had decided to bring the person in. Needless to say I did not recommend the person.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(5,942 Views)

This picture is making the rounds on facebook, apparently dating back to the time when NI tried to decide on a name for their new software product.

Even in our lab I sometimes need to correct the spelling. Years ago, there was a molecular graphics system called "WebLab Viewer" and people sometimes tried to ask me about one of my lab viewer programs

Message 13 of 28
(5,939 Views)

From this thread it has become obvious that NI has completely missed the boat.  They should simply stop spelling LabVIEW_Logo_vert_color.png as a text "word" and use only the graphical image for the graphical language, LabVIEW_Logo_vert_color.png.  However, this does tend to slow typing, because LabVIEW_Logo_vert_color.png does not appear on my keyboard.

Lynn

Message 14 of 28
(5,919 Views)

AnalogKid2DigitalMan a écrit :

Darn you JB, I missed it by that much while busy searching for that last issue.

-AK2DM

I have received this newsletter only today and after reading this post only some hours ago, my "misspellings of LabVIEW" trigger was ready to fire.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(5,910 Views)

BUT WAT IF UR CPSALCOK KY IS STCUK ON AND YOU TIPE LABVIEW LIEK 'LABVIEW'? Smiley Happy

"DVD Disk" and "ATM Machine" are other ones that annoy me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(5,899 Views)

Well, I for one don't care that much, mainly because I know the pains I have to go through to properly spell or capitalize brand names I'm not used to writing (pop quiz - Powerpoint? Power Point? PowerPoint?, Facebook? facebook? Face Book? FaceBook? who can get both answers right without looking? Is there even one right answer? In the second case I can say that the home page has two different versions, one in the logo and one in the title of the page).

If someone put it on their resumes, where I would expect people to take the extra effort, it would certainly hurt their chances, but I wouldn't disqualify someone based solely on that.

@altenbach wrote:

This picture is making the rounds on facebook, apparently dating back to the time when NI tried to decide on a name for their new software product.

Even in our lab I sometimes need to correct the spelling. Years ago, there was a molecular graphics system called "WebLab Viewer" and people sometimes tried to ask me about one of my lab viewer programs

This was presented at the CLA summit 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(5,877 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Caps only on license plates. NI is of the hook ... *this* time. Smiley Wink

No, they're off the hook Smiley Wink 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(5,877 Views)

SnowMule wrote:

"DVD Disk" and "ATM Machine" are other ones that annoy me.

Originated from the Department of Redundancy Department. Same place tuna fish comes from.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(5,862 Views)