Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

Thaaaanksss alott .

I really appreciate you taking the time to check it.

0 Kudos
Message 291 of 623
(5,088 Views)

Practice Exam #1

Question #6:  Which of the following statements about events is true?

A)  The timeout event causes an event to fire every x ms where x is the value wired to the timeout terminal.

B)  When you press and release a button with a mechanical action of Latch When Released it creates two value change events.

C)  Setting the “lock front panel until the event case for this event completes” option on an event will ignore any events that occur during the processing of that event.

D)  When processing a filter event, wiring a corresponding terminal from the Event Data Node to the Event Filter Node has the same effect as leaving the Event Filter Node unwired.

Answer:  D

Practice Exam #2

Question #4:  Which of the following statements about events is true?

A)  The timeout event causes an event to fire every x ms where x is the value wired to the timeout terminal

B)  When you press and release a button with a mechanical action of 'Latch Until Released', it creates two value change events

C)  Setting the 'Lock front panel until the event case for this event completes' option on an event will ignore any events that occur during the processing of that event

D)  If you do not wire a value to one of the terminals in the Event Filter Node for a notify event, LabVIEW uses the default value for that terminal's data type to process the event

Answer:  B

As far as I can see both sample exams have exact same questions with two different answers!!  Of those two answers I probably would have selected answer C!!

So why all the trick questions...can't we just test my knowledge and not LabVIEW trivia and tricks?

Thanks,

Ryan

Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 292 of 623
(4,938 Views)

The choices are, in fact different. B1 says "Latch when released", B2 says "Latch until released". D1 says "filter event", D2 says "notify event".

0 Kudos
Message 293 of 623
(4,930 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

The choices are, in fact different. B1 says "Latch when released", B2 says "Latch until released". D1 says "filter event", D2 says "notify event".

I think maybe that's exactly what was being complained about.  I don't know whether this would fit my definition of "trick question," though.  I probably would have been more upset if the question and answers were worded in an ambiguous way, like, "Which of the following is not true?  And then have something like "1+1 is not equal to 3" where you have to spend time concentrating on evaluating how the answers relate to the question, instead of evaluating the answer, itself.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 294 of 623
(4,923 Views)

Bill, I completely agree with you, it's very annoying to try to work your way through double or triple negatives and rephrase it in a way that a normal person would ask the question.

I think the reason for the two questions referenced above is that it simply takes effort to create new questions. There are some professors in school who just recycle old (multiple choice) exams, so that if you study the practice exams for an hour, you already know the answer after reading the first couple words of the question. This is hardly a test of the subject matter. By tweaking the question (and be thankful they did it in the practice exam!) they still force you to think through the answers, and have an easy way to increase their question bank.

It should be noted that while I think this is a fair question now, my feelings may change in 2.5 years when I have to recertify 😛

Message 295 of 623
(4,919 Views)

@GPeople wrote:

Of those two answers I probably would have selected answer C!!

Ryan

This is kind of tricky as well because you can still queue up user events even though it locks FP events.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 296 of 623
(4,910 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@GPeople wrote:

Of those two answers I probably would have selected answer C!!

Ryan

This is kind of tricky as well because you can still queue up user events even though it locks FP events.

That's what happens when you know more than you're supposed to know.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 297 of 623
(4,907 Views)

?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 298 of 623
(4,893 Views)

I agree that events are queued when the front panel is locked, however it is a true statement that events during that time are ignored as in the context of that they are not acted on.  The context of the answer C is when the front panel is locked, not what happens after it becomes unlocked.  I guess it really comes down to the definition of the word ignored.  This is not ambiguous and is just another trick question.  I fully beleive that these tests are just a way for NI to make $$$.  It all comes back to $$$.  The last time I took and passed this test was almost 4 years ago (and yes I did pass the test today again) and they STILL have the SAME crap trick question that I flagged last time.  Of which their answer in the end was "well you need to help us write better questions".  WHHATT...how many freaking millions of dollars does NI make?!?!?  I have to help write better question.  yeah...ok I bought that line back then.  But have they changed that question...F- NO.  They have not spend ANY money to make this test better, but I bet they make a fortune letting everyone take the test several times.  I found a question today in the practice exams that is not documented in their help or online...it was in a course workbook....so you have to take their training (lucky for me I have taking all their courses begining mid and advanced).  I think I have had it...when this cert runs out, I am not wasting my time taking any more of these crappy tests.  I am going to contact certification team for a question that was on the exam that I coded up when I got back and there was not a correct answer or even a "best answer".  Because of NDA, I can't post it to the forums.

LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 299 of 623
(4,891 Views)

@Jackobson

"This is kind of tricky as well because you can still queue up user events even though it locks FP events."

I agree that events are queued when the front panel is locked, however it is a true statement that events during that time are ignored as in the context of that they are not acted on.  The context of the answer C is when the front panel is locked, not what happens after it becomes unlocked.

LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 300 of 623
(4,889 Views)