DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Transfer to report" Diadem 11.0

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone else have a problem with Diadem 11.0 freezing when you try to Transfer the graphs in the View screen to the Report screen via the "Transfer to Report"? 

Since I've upgraded to Diadem 11, I've been having this problem.  I click the Transfer button, and the screen either never switches to the Report tab or the graphs show up but when I try to move them around or resize them, the lines on the graph disappear.  The channels that I'm plotting are not so excessively big to warrant memory issues.  I've called for service on this issue before, and I was instructed to repair the installation, and that worked for a couple days, but then it defaulted back to freezing up.  I'm posting this question to the forum while repairing the installation so that I can continue making some slides.

Does anyone have a more long term solution for this problem?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,711 Views)

Hi Steve,

I have DIAdem 11.0 installed, but do not experience this behavior.  I was able to access the data files you sent to the last Applications Engineer you spoke to, and they transfer from the view screen to the report screen correctly.  Does this happen with a certain data set or any data set you try?  How big are your channels, and how many are you plotting?  How much RAM and free hard drive space do you have available on your system?

Eric B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,694 Views)

It happens with any data set I try to send to the Report.  The channels are waveforms of about 300 data point.  I generally plot about 8 per plot, but the problem repeats if I just try to plot one.  I have 2 GB of RAM and 75 GB of free HDD space.  I think I went through some performance checks with the Applications Engineer I worked with last time, but everything seemed to check out okay.  My boss has also seen this problem in his work with DiAdem too.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,660 Views)

Ok, thanks for the information.

Have you customized the DIAdem interface at all (through scripting or anything like that), or are you just installing fresh off of the CD you received when you purchased it?

Eric B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,652 Views)

I don't think I've customized the DiAdem interface at all.  I use scripting mostly to mine data from TDM/CSV files and perform some calculations on the waveforms.  I haven't made any changes to how DiAdem opens or anything like that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,649 Views)
Can you save and post the .TDV file for your view so I can check that out?  Also, is the data stored on your local machine or on a network device?
Eric B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,570 Views)

Here's a sample .TDV file.  The data is stored on my local machine.

*Hey, can the forum webmasters make it possible to post DiAdem-based files to the forums without masking them in a zip file?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,568 Views)

Steve,

Thanks for the file.  Unfortunately, I still am not able to reproduce the issue.  May I contact you directly so we can work out some other ways of troubleshooting this issue?  If we find anything out, I'll post it back on the forum.

Eric B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,533 Views)
Yes, please contact me directly.  Can you access my email from the NI system?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,528 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Steve Koza

Steve and I were able to resolve the issue by installing DIAdem 11.0's Service Pack 1: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1176/lang/en

The CAR that was fixed in this service pack that was probably the issue was "117094 - In number-oriented mode, curves in 2D axis systems sometimes disappeared if you displayed waveform channels with legends."

Eric B.
National Instruments
Message 10 of 10
(5,497 Views)