cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password protected VI and TPLAT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My library has some password protected VIs, and do I need to remove the protection before using TPLAT to license?

In my test, it seems I have to remove the protection, otherwise TPLAT crashes. But I just want to make sure it is indeed the requirement.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Yan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author will2km

Hello Yan,

Short answer is no, you don't need to remove password protection before using TPLAT.

While TPLAT does prevent developers from running your code without paying for it, and it does lock the diagrams while the toolkit is not activated, as soon as someone activates the software the diagram is unlocked.  This means if someone purchases your product and you do not password protect your VIs, they can then see whatever you have on your block diagram.  While sometimes developers may want this, usually it is best to also put password protection on VIs that has IP that you don't want others viewiing.

The fact that you are seeing a crash is definitely not expected or desired.  Can you please provide more details on the crash and your environment?

• OS and bitness
  • LabVIEW version and bitness
  • TPLAT version
  • Steps to reproduce the crash
  • Crash logs and/or crash ID #

With this information I'll do my best to reproduce the issue and hopefully find a solution for you.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,983 Views)

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.

Actually I am building a test case right now, but just because our software contains a lot of components from LabVIEW, it will take a while to have a generic test case very quickly. I'll update you when it's ready.

Regards,

Yan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,983 Views)