FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create new Robot Project" fails to complete.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have done the crash report.

It was uploased with an email of phil.malone@mr-phil.com

The

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Hey Phil,

I attached my copy of the FPGA Watch dog VI.  Try putting that in the spot Greg mentioned.

As far as the crash dump goes it would be helpful if you could attach it - I don't have access to the database those go into so I can take a look at it sooner if you are able to post a copy.

Kevin

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Here is the zipped file

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Thanks Phil,

Any difference in behavior after adding the new version of the FPGA watch dog VI?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Sorry no change...

Fact is that the watchdog vi is just one of many that are in the crash log..  not sure what it all mens....

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,083 Views)

It looks like nothing that was supposed to be installed in the Targets Directory got installed.  Just to sanity check that theory can you verify that this file is also not present on your machine: NI/LV2012/Targets/NI/RT/vi.lib/Rock Robotics/SystemInterfaces/DIO/FPGA_DIOReadLoopTiming.vi.  I attached a zipped copy of the entire Rock Robotics Directory that should be in the Targets directory.  I am mostly grasping at straws for why that wouldn't have gotten installed on your machine but maybe run the LabVIEW Update by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator (is that still an option on Windows 8?).

Kevin Fort

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Hi Kevin.

First, thanks for trying to help me on this one.  Greg too.

I must admit, I may have provided dome questionable feedback in my past replies as I have only just noticed that you are refering to two different directory paths...  the PC and also the TARGET paths.

I had not noticed this and I think I've been looking in the standard PC path up till now, so if I was meant to be checking the TARGET path I'm sorry.  But I've got it straight now.

There do seem to be a lot less VIs in the Targets path... But:

There are some target VIs there.

Specifically...  in the targets/ni/rt/vi.lib/Rock Robotics/systemInterfaces/DIO there is only 1 file:  FPGA_DIOOpen

So, there is no FPGA_DIOReadLoopTiming.....

But, neither is there in the Zip file you sent me, so unzipping it didn't make any difference.

I'm wondering if I could do some diagnostics here if I had a blank robot project to bring up and investigate.  I can't access one since I can't build my own.....   or is there an example that would likely have the same problems....

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Just in case it's important I thought I shuld mention that during the New Robot Project process, LabVIEW seems to load and compile just about every VI there is, including the regular PC and RT versions of tons of FPGA controls.  The test.VI is especially packed with VIs.  I see this all the way to Robot Main where it loads and appears to begin compiling, but then aborts when compiling something related to the watchdog.  (I can't see what's in the status box).

Just expanding in cse the sequence is important.

Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,083 Views)

Hey Phil,

It would be a useful data point to see if you could open one of the FRC Examples from Help->Find Examples.  I am going to try and dig more into the crash dump today and see if we can learn anything there that might give us a clue as to what is going wrong.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,083 Views)

OK,

So it appears that I can't open any of the FRC Examples.

If I try any of the basic IO examples (Analog, relay etc) I can open the project, but as soon as I try to open that actual example VI... it does the same thing...

That is.... starts loading all the sub-vis, and then finally seems to hit the Watchdog VI, and crashes.

Now that I know about the RT VIs, I tried to simply open the targets/...../FPGA_WatchdogReadCount,vi  (name from memory)  and it also caused the crash.

Just to make sure I hadn't broken anything while testing, I deleted both of the Rock Robotics folders, and ind re-installed the update.

Same problem....    I'm trying to capture the fail log for just the one VI, but I managed to break the Log Reporting app as well, so restarting from scratch here...

Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,083 Views)