FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create new Robot Project" fails to complete.

Solved!
Go to solution

As promised, I captured the Log File from just attempting to open FPGA_WatchDogReadCount.vi directly from the Targets folder.

Here it is...

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(1,137 Views)

Thanks for the update Phil.

We are going to try a couple things to reproduce the issue here in house and see if its possible that its a Windows 8 related issue.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(1,137 Views)

I don't think its a windows 8 issue, our team uses windows 7 and we are also having an issue with the Robot.vi

Labview just says:

Error 1055 occurred at Property Node in FRC Create Project.vi->FRC Wizard - Robot.vi

how do we get a verbose error report?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(1,137 Views)

Does LabVIEW crash in your case?  If so on the window to send a report to NI select View report - you should see a couple of .txt files and a couple of .dmp files.  Zip those up and attach them to this thread along with a Max Technical report (

(http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4)

Are you also not able to open any example programs?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(1,137 Views)

It appers it was a bad install , we had conficts with labview from last year. To Philbot have you simply tried a full reinstall?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(1,137 Views)

What kind of conflicts were you seeing?  They should work side by side (thats the install scenario I have on my machine).

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(1,137 Views)

The install for this year tried to write over the install for last year which left a broken robot main vi and the inability to register it. Its not that big a deal because the license was to expire in 3 days anyways

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,137 Views)

Team 1418... 

This was a clean install on a new machine....

Oh, shoot....  wait, I also have the Labview 2010 on the same machine for FTC.

I've been resisting the "Mega-reinstall" because the programmer kids have the CD and it is working on their machines.

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet ????

Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,137 Views)

I'm guessing there is no news.....  I'll just try reinstalling...

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,137 Views)

So, nothing goes easilly....

Now my problem is I'm not really sure HOW to re-install LabVIEW to try a re-load.

More to the point, I'm not sure what/how to uninstall.

If I just run the CD again, it doesn't appear to change anything, so an Uninstall is required.

But what do I uninstall? Labview, the updates?  Which part of the updates?

Since this is going to turn into an all day task, any suggestions on which elements are most likely to bear fruit?

If the answer is to uninstall an upgrade component, is there an easy way to do all of them at once (or at least just three uninstalls?)

It appears that to do an uninstall I need to drill down to each component and selectively do an uninstall.

So doing all of them requires some serious guesswork as to order etc.

Would deleting the entire LabVIEW 2012 folder be an effective way to force a full install from the CD?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,137 Views)