FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTC toolkit problem issue

Solved!
Go to solution

I have installed the new Labview for mindstorm 2012 and installed the 2013-2014 toolkit. But when i press the generate code botton, it will just load a lot of things then come to silence. I cannot get the auto planteform from it.

Also, when i try to use the remote control to control a matrix system, the motor and servo did not move at all. (i haven't try tetrix yet. i will try it maybe tomorrow.)

a.PNGb.PNG

Message 1 of 16
(8,413 Views)

We have the same problem, when we pushed the creare dode button it show a popup thas is loading and compiling some things but the code never is created, we tried with the Tetrix and matrix showing the same thing.

Could you help us?

Message 2 of 16
(4,014 Views)

My team is also having this problem.

To summarize our experience..

We are a veteren FTC team with 5 years of LV experience.

We have installed the LabVIEW2012 component and the FTC component.

LVLM appears to be working (no errors are generated) but the "Generate Code" function does not appear to be completing.

After you click the "Generate Code" button (which for some reason has double text on it), you can see the LV loading process (it does seem to hang for a while on the GetAttribute VI), it finishes, but no FP or BD panes pop up, and there is no new VI listed on the "Programs" list.

We tried this on several PCs: Windows 8, Windows 7. I think all of the PCs either had, or have had, LVLM 2010 installed on them. We did not have a LabVIEW free machine to try it on.

The machines used various combinations of CDROM vs Online download to source the installs.

Eager to get coding.
Any suggestions?

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
Message 3 of 16
(4,014 Views)

Everyone, we've found a number of users running into this problem. This was something we had fixed in alpha testing, but it has popped up on certin computers. I don't have a fix right now, but I will be working on this with LabVIEW R&D first thing on Monday morning. I'll post an update when I have more information.

Some info that may be helpful

What OS are you using?

What languges is the OS is?

Are you using LVLM English or Japanese?
Do you see the MATRIX controller in the Schematic Editor?

Does the remote control editor "run mode" work?

Is LabVIEW activated on your computer?

Thanks
Hunter Smith

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,014 Views)

This was encountered with Windows 7 and 8

English

I don't see any way to get a Matrix controller... does it replace the NXT?

I can'd do remote control as I'm not with the robot at the moment.

Labview was activated on some PCs and in trial mode on others.

It really seems that that whole searching for GetAttribute and SetAttribute thing must be a factor. 

Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,014 Views)

We are having this problem on an English evaluation copy of LabVIEW running on Windows 7.  The Matrix controller is visible, run mode is unknown.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,014 Views)

We're still working on this I'll have the patched installed up today.

-Hunter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,014 Views)

Thanks.

I was about to try this, but I foolisly took the LV startup option of extending my soon-to-expire evaluation license, it said it has done it... but now I don't show any valid license for LV2012 (real or evaluation).

Do I'm dead in the water.  (Before even installling the partch

D'OH.

Now I need to find who has the disks.

(Not much point being able to download the program if the trial license is going to bail on me.)

Sigh...

FRC puts the Serial Number in the Getting Started Docs.     

Too bad FTC can't also hide it somewhere for us....

Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jerry_dcjx

Hi everyone,

Please download and install the latest version of the MINDSTORMS Competition Toolkit for 2013-2014:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4331/lang/en

If you are still seeing this issue after installing this, please feel free to post again here and we'll look into it right away. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thanks.

- Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,014 Views)

Aaron,

I've noticed signifcant issues with the Mac version of the toolkit as well.  Is that version being updated?

The Mac version locks up the code every time you click 'generate code', and requires force quitting a few times to correct the issues and make the software usable again.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,014 Views)