Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Errors over the past week

Has anyone else received wacky errors all over the community when trying to view documents, polls, etc.  What's up with this?

Example: http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/coding-challenge-2010

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

Message 1 of 11
(11,202 Views)

What up, arch enemy? Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
(Background: Jonathan and I are neck-and-neck in the UI Controls category of the current Coding Challenge, but he's ahead of me right now, so go vote for me! Smiley Very Happy )

I can verify I've been getting those exact errors. Sporadic pages will deny access, but it appears to be a denial of service. I have verified using two computers concurrently with separate ISPs that one would be allowed service, and the other denied with the "System Error - We're sorry..." message.

Also, see here where I reported the same error: http://decibel.ni.com/content/message/19895#19895. Jonathan, could you also post there to escalate the issue? These forums are monitored by Laura, while Vu watches the other forum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(11,188 Views)

if you vote for jackdunaway, a kitten will die.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(11,181 Views)

If you don't vote for Jack, this kitten will get you. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(11,172 Views)

I did notify Vu of this report yesterday, FYI.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 5 of 11
(11,149 Views)

Our team is investigating the issue.  We will use the Community thread Jack linked to earlier to monitor the issue, record feedback, and communicate updates from our end. 

On a side note, I think I will have nightmares of kittensharks for days now.  Thanks Christian 🙂

Message 6 of 11
(11,144 Views)

@Vudoo wrote:

On a side note, I think I will have nightmares of kittensharks for days now.

Kittyshark is remarkably gentle and cuddly... provided you adhere to the rules. Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the support Vu, I'll keep future updates on the other thread.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(11,120 Views)

OTOH, the kitten above it looks quite deadly ....

Spoiler
if you are a mouse!

:D

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(11,108 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

if you are a mouse!  

Some of us are, you know...

P.S. That kittenshark is obviously photoshopped. I mean, if it had really been in the water, its fur would be wet.

(11,104 Views)

@tst wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

if you are a mouse!  

Some of us are, you know...

P.S. That kittenshark is obviously photoshopped. I mean, if it had really been in the water, its fur would be wet.

... and that reminds me...

When I was visit Jursalem, I got brave and tried to take a walk using my very questionable understanding of Hebrew to read the streets signs and find a place that served steaks. So on the way to getting lost I passed a dumpster. Being the grandson of a garbage man I can not pass a dumpster without looking in. As I approached the dumpster I noticed two cats perched on the edge of the dumptser and I thought "They probably spotted a mouse and they are waiting to pounce." and took a look in the dumptser myself.

[At this point the scary music should cut it]

I was freaked-out when I saw what appeared to be 50 or more cats in the dumptser. I had never seen so many cats in one place. It was like a cats version of "The Birds". No they did not jump up and attack me or anything. It was just the shook that got me.

I suspect Jurusalem does not have an issue with rodents...

Spoiler

... aside from our own Yair of course.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(11,062 Views)