Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations Dennis Knutson!

Congratulations Dennis on posting your 4000 reply. Thank you for your great support of the LabVIEW community.

Tim Dehne
Sr. VP of R&D
National Instruments
Message 1 of 34
(8,762 Views)
Way to go Dennis! 4000+ replies, that is simply incredible! Congrats!

Scott Teigen
Application Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 34
(8,656 Views)
Myself, and I am sure the rest of the LabVIEW community, thank you. Your contributions are top notch!

Brett Burger (hence icon)
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 34
(8,650 Views)
Thanks! Dennis for all your help to the NI community.

I am sure each of your 4000 replies has helped someone improve his/her life. 🙂

Cheers!
Rajiv Garg
Message 4 of 34
(8,645 Views)
Hey Dennis,
we want you to know that your work is very well appreciated.
Not only you have 4001 replies, but you have 5 stars and have been on since 2001.
Hey guys, check what other members have to say about Dennis at http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=104592#M104592 .
Great work Dennis.
Message 5 of 34
(8,612 Views)
Way to go Dennis!

Looking at chilly charly's recent compilation, you are also still the top poster with 4.4 posts/day for the last 15 days. At that rate, the gap to us mere mortals will be ever increasing!

Impressive any way you look at it. We've learned a lot from you. Thanks!

🙂 I hope NI sends you at least a T-shirt for the occcasion! 🙂
Message 6 of 34
(8,596 Views)
Way to go Dennis !!

Your replies have helped out not only a lot of customers but have helped increase our knowledge as well.

Ankita Agarwal
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 34
(8,584 Views)
Congratulations Dennis!!!

You have definitely made my job easier. 🙂

here is to the next 4000!

Regards,

Matt Friedman
Applications Engineer
Message 8 of 34
(8,563 Views)
Impressive!!!

Let me propose your new goal: 10,000 posts by 2007

- With 9 posts a day you will even be able to afford a few holidays...

Seriously, you are our hero here at NI. We are honored by your amazing support to the community.

Hail to the King!
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
Message 9 of 34
(8,556 Views)
I have a weird problem with a DK4000 macrocontroller. (see the technical info here ).
Seems that it can’t be programmed reliably with LabVIEW. Each time I upload a new program, the memory content changes for something else a few seconds later.
The funny thing is that the modified program is still working, but has switched to a different task, doing something completely different.
I found out that sending an ascii string composed of a series of $2A chars (5 is optimal) can maintain a stable state for a few minutes, but not more.
After spending six months on this problem, it seems that LabVIEW is the cause of all the trouble. Probably some nasty bug with the serial communication vis.

I have attached a simplified vi to illustrate the problem. Sorry for the mess in the diagram, but that’s the result of the patch work I have been obliged to do to track the problem.

Does somebody know if the recently released new generation DK5000 still exibit this strange behaviour ?

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 10 of 34
(8,526 Views)