Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI website rant - tons of broken links

Posting this "rant" because the new NI website have a huge number of flaws, including incomplete info, broken links, unformatted examples

Let's group here all the errors we find in the new site, so NI can fix it.

(my personal opinion, the old site was much better...)

Example: The "Related Links" section inside the article Add All of My SubVIs to a LabVIEW Project at Once contains a broken link:

mthheitor_0-1668203670152.png

Message 1 of 5
(1,468 Views)
  • The site is very slow to load. I end up opening links in new tabs, and leaving many tabs open just so I don't need to reload a page later. To be fair to the forums, this is across the entire ni.com domain. Maybe the web server is written in LabVIEW 😯.
  • This forum asks me to login every day despite being already logged into my NI account. But when I click Login the forum suddenly realizes I'm already logged in, so it doesn't ask for a password. Very clunky.
  • Completely disorganized boards/forums/posts/labels/etc. To anyone who doesn't understand this point, pretend you're a new user: what is the difference between the "Discussion Forums > Most Active Software Boards > LabWindows/CVI" and "User Groups > Product Groups > LabWindows/CVI User Group"?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,452 Views)

The blue site was better.  The new green one is horrible.  I dont know how they screwed it up so bad.  The online documentation is now terrible and really hard to navigate.  They should just bring back the blue site instead of changing and breaking everything.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,409 Views)

Let me engage and continue with your rant. I agree the site is very hard to navigate, slow to load, and pretty much a big pain in the back. 

The search engine is useless, bringing up the most irrelevant documents when searching for devices, or devices manuals. 

There is no usable selection tool to choose devices with a given set of features. 

There is no "Call me back" support function.

For such a big company, it is a disappointment. 

Message 4 of 5
(925 Views)

Hi @r.hermans-

Thank you for the feedback on your ni.com experience. We are sorry it has been negative especially regarding the search engine and would like to use your feedback to improve in the future. If you would be willing to give us examples of what you were looking for or the approach you took when looking for different devices or manuals, that would help tremendously. Alternatively, if you would like to schedule a 30-minute interview with us to tell us more generally about how you use ni.com search and what pain points you experience, you can do it directly here.

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(915 Views)