Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find other RMs opened by other processes?

Is it possible to know, when opening a VISA Resource Manager session, whether there are any other RM sessions active on the computer?  In particular, where those sessions may have been created by a program other than mine?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,033 Views)

Hi Tom,

I have not seen a method to determine VISA Resource Manager sessions that are currently open.  I was curious as to your reason for needing this?  With this I can best advise you on all options.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,992 Views)

Hi Tom,

I actually did find a method that may work for you.  We have an option available from LabVIEW that you can use.  Please take a look at this Knowledgebase for further information.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,972 Views)
Kelly - Thanks for finding this. Unfortunately I'm not using LV; I'm accessing VISA through my own C# program. From the last paragraph of the linked page, it sounds like what I'm looking for is specifically *not* available outside of LV at the moment. However, the fact that it *is* available in LV gives me hope at least that it would be possible to do somehow outside of LV. Tom
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,969 Views)

Hi Tom,

You are correct.  At this time we do not expose this method in a language other than in LabVIEW.  One option you could look into would be to build a LabVIEW DLL that you could call to access this method.   I will put a product suggestion into our R&D department for you for this functionality.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,943 Views)

> I will put a product suggestion into our R&D department for you for this functionality.

Thanks Kelly, I appreciate that.

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,941 Views)