Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Error Code 1073807346

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm communicating with a Yokogawa WT210 digital power meter.  My LabVIEW test application works fine initially, getting data from this instrument, but errors-out ONLY after completing exactly 4 loops.  My program contains two frames.  I connect the VISA resource (GPIB::5) to the second frame and then into a while loop.   I've seen lots of explanations about this 1073807346 error, but mine seems unique since it will work fine at first, but only through 4 measurement loops before getting the error.  I am using an NI-GPIB card.  I checked the "Automatically Close VISA session" and it is NOT enabled.  Any ideas?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,497 Views)

Have any code you can share?

My initial thought is that an error is occuring which is causing the resource to be cleared.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(5,493 Views)

Thank you, I can see I have some work to do.  I haven't checked the Yokogawa meter (measurement VI) to see if it is flagging an error.  A colleague also suggested checking for a firmware update.  There are also possible GPIB settings I need to look at (currently everything is set to default values).  Sorry, the code is proprietary.  I'd love to give you Kudos.  But I don't know how, so perhaps you can help with that too !!  Today is my first day on this forum.  Thanks again !!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,486 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlennVMC

RESOLVED:  I'm posting to anyone that's interested.  NI support helped zero in on this issue.  Turns out the LabVIEW drivers I got from Yokogawa were missing some important functions.  NI had THEIR drivers for the same instrument, and they worked fine.  No VISA session failures.  The difference is that the NI drivers included "initialize" and "cancel" functions that were needed for this particular instrument to function properly and not hang the VISA session.  My lesson from this was to always use NI drivers wherever possible. 

Message 4 of 4
(5,212 Views)