Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib usb master slave

I've successfully used the NI GPIB-USB-B  converter to allow my test station's computer to control external test instrumentation across a GPIB bus.

This test scenario must now be modified with the addition of another external GPIB instrument, that under test calibration conditions, will become the controller and my test station the slave.

I guess my GPIB-USB-B converter won't work under this scenario. Does NI make  a GPIB-USB converter that will allow both controller and slave operation? I've looked on the internet and it appears that this device will perform that type of operation:

http://www.advantech.com.tw/products/GPIB-USB-Module/mod_1-2MLJKE.aspx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,571 Views)
I've never done it with the USB controller but I don't know of any reason why you would need a different board since the ability to change from CIC is part of the GPIB specs and NI boards are designed to meet the spec. See this Knowledge base article. Have you looked at the properties of the controller in MAX? There's a setting there. I can't look it up for you since I don't have a GPIB controller installed at this time.
Message 2 of 3
(4,567 Views)

Thanks Dennis, the setting to disable the GPIB interface as a system controller is found in MAX.  I've attached a screenshot of the setting.

Ben

National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,551 Views)